Flex Page Format - Not Working

Flex Page Format - Not Working

by Colette Glazebrook -
Number of replies: 2
Michael,
I followed all of the directions for installing Flex Page (on my test environment on Windows XP, including selecting "Notification" so it updates the databases. I've even included the "lang" folder from the version that was made for 1.8, as it was missing from the newest plugin for 1.9.*  A custom theme is not an issue at this point because I have not changed the default Moodle theme to a custom theme, so that is not the problem. I'm using Moodle 1.9.3. Then I tried two things:

1. Using an existing course, set the course format to the "Page" format successfully, and created a page. The course menu works fine, but the tabs don't work (probably because I can't change the theme. It would not allow access to the course settings function once this was done. Seems the only way to get this function back is to not allow themes to be changed on the course or user level (site admin settings).

2. Tried creating a new course, but it would not allow me to add a new course while the theme settings are as they are (allow user or course themes).

It's probably just a simple thing like a php file somewhere requiring a change, so that Moodle can access the flex_rooms theme that comes with Flex Page, but I wouldn't know. If you haven't experienced any of these issues on a server, then maybe it might have something to do with the differences in path names (windows vs linux environment). Not sure if anyone has tried Flex Page on a windows system yet. I'd really like to resolve this. I am a designer and I really like Flex Page, particularly the course menu.
Colette Glazebrook
NS Dept of Education
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colette Glazebrook

Re: Flex Page Format - Not Working

by joe cool -
I haven't tried the very latest version of Flex Page, but I have installed an earlier version. It required a different theme. Its not just custom themes, its ANY and ALL themes won't work with Flex Page - except the flexmrooms theme, and the flexpage theme, which were created to work with it.

There need to be some code changes (in other themes) to make Flex Page work with them (unless recent updates changed this).

This post describes this:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=100404#p435532
In reply to joe cool

Re: Flex Page Format - Not Working

by Claire Browne -
I am having a similar problems with flex page.

I have an oracle database and getting nasty errors;

see below;

ORA-00936: missing expression

SELECT c.instanceid, c.instanceid, u.firstname, u.lastname FROM m_role_assignments ra, m_context c, m_user u WHERE ra.userid = 45504 AND ra.contextid = c.id AND c.instanceid = u.id AND c.contextlevel = .CONTEXT_USER ORDER BY u.lastname ASC;