Assignment Autoresponse Upon Submission

Assignment Autoresponse Upon Submission

by Dee Parker -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all.  I am a newly certified Moodle developer and I am looking for a solution to the following: I have a non-facilitated course in which I have an assignment that requires the participant to make a submission and once they make their submission, I would like to allow access to a model answer.  I am currently using Moodle 1.9.  I did find an entry in the FAQ regarding "conditional activities" that will be available in 2.0 that sounds like it would address my issue.  However, is there a recommendation on how to handle this currently? My only other thought is to have an auto-responder on the teacher email address that sends the model answer through email after submission.  I'd appreciate other suggestions.

Best regards,

Dee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dee Parker

Re: Assignment Autoresponse Upon Submission

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Would it work better if you did this as a one-question quiz using the essay question type?
In reply to Dee Parker

Re: Assignment Autoresponse Upon Submission

by ben reynolds -
You could also use a Q&A forum, in which student is obliged to say something before being allowed to see the responses of others. One of the "responses" in the forum could be the model response.

I believe you would need to override permissions in this particular forum to prevent editing after submitting the response.