Why can I not update grades

Why can I not update grades

by Natalie Jordan -
Number of replies: 2

Please help I am marking some work and for some reason there are some grades that can't be changed.

Nothing has been set in the course.

I am unaware of anything being set for the pupils.

It is only a problem for random items

Attachment locked_grades.JPG
In reply to Natalie Jordan

Re: Why can I not update grades

by Nicolas Connault -
What do you mean "they can't be changed"? Are you trying to change the grades from the assignment side or using the gradebook?

If you change assignment-related grades using the gradebook, your changes will override the assignment module and prevent it from making further changes. The cream colour in your screenshot is used to show grades that have thus been "overridden" through the gradebook.

The best solution is if you grade ONLY in the gradebook OR only in the assignment module, but not both.

If you decide to grade using the assignment module, you will need to remove the "overridden" state of each overridden grade, by editing this grade in the gradebook. (See this documentation page for more info).
In reply to Nicolas Connault

Re: Why can I not update grades

by Natalie Jordan -

Thank you for your answer Nic

Thanks to your help I have worked out how I can now unlock them from the edit in the gradebook.

However there isn't any reason I can come up with that they should have become locked in the first place. I have only ever marked from the Assignment Module. (I used the Gradebook illustration in my post as I thought that it showed the problem better)

so if you (or anyone) does know how this might have happened or how I can globally un-override I would be very grateful as there are alot that need to be selected and unoverriden or underridden what ever the opposite is.

smile

Attachment Grade.GIF