Moodle admin block disappeared after define roles.

Moodle admin block disappeared after define roles.

by Myles Doupe -
Number of replies: 4
So, I messed up my moodle site. I was editing the "authenticated users" role, and changing pretty much everything to deny, as we don't want people to have any access until we grant them access to something.

when I clicked apply on the define roles page, it errored out, and now I have no admin block, no matter what user I'm logged in as.

I imagine I'm going to have to change something in mysql, but I'm not sure what.

Myles
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Myles Doupe

Re: Moodle admin block disappeared after define roles.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. Don't worry smile If you do a forum search -something like 'lost admin rights' you'll get some solutions to this. But I just wanted to say that - you don't need to do any editing of the authenticated users role because (assuming you have uploaded your users correctly) there is no way they can have access to anything unless you allow them anyway - so you needn't have done it sad
In reply to Myles Doupe

by Jamie Tinley -
I just lost my admin block too. No matter what I log in as it is missing. Only one other person I gave admin privledges to and she does not know if she did anything. Please help!!! I can't manage anything. Did you find a solution?
In reply to Jamie Tinley

by John White -
Jamie,

Following Mary's advice would give you the thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=105926 read carefully all the snippets from Howard there before proceeding.

But first, moodlers (yes, admins) have been known to delete the admin block by accident!
So can you turn on editing on the front page?
Can you then ADD a block: 'Site Administration'?

In which case, you do not have the same problem as Myles - who may well need to resort to the 'big hammer' from Howard Miller!

Regards,

John
In reply to John White

by Jamie Tinley -
Thank you John! Wow was that easy. I never remember deleting the admin block but maybe my helper admin did by accident. Thanks for the fix! Question, I already tried Howard's hammer last night before reading your post. Does that mean ALL my custom roles will have defaulted back? Or just Admin? (which is fine). THanks again and again - saved me!