Install problem

Install problem

by Leonide Principe -
Number of replies: 5
From Amazon

Please help!
I have a Moodle installed but I am now installing in a new provider

ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/abra144.org/html/ead/moodledata with web server write access

Warning: Unknown(): open(/home/abra144.org/html/ead/moodledata/sessions/sess_11d67d72a1b5efb62206990f3ed07a74, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/abra144.org/html/ead/moodledata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

leo

http://ead.abra144.org/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leonide Principe

Re: Install problem

by W Page -
Hi Leonide!

Very pretty site.

Suggest you follow  the instructions for the "php.ini" file indicated in the following link.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9140&parent=44501

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Allie A -
I have almost exactly the same problem as Leonide:

Header:
Warning: mkdir(home/www/moodledata): No such file or directory in /home/www/epiteach.net/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1696

ERROR: You need to create the directory home/www/moodledata with web server write access

Warning: mkdir(home/www/moodledata): No such file or directory in /home/www/epiteach.net/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1696

ERROR: You need to create the directory home/www/moodledata with web server write access

Footer:
Warning: Unknown(): open(home/www/moodledata/sessions/sess_9c258a5cd7708f896fdc6a3d2f0886e9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (home/www/moodledata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

I tried putting the php.ini file into the moodle directory, but the error is the same.  Here is my php.ini file:

magic_quotes_gpc = 1
magic_quotes_runtime = 0
file_uploads = 1
session.auto_start = 0
session.bug_compat_warn = 0
session.save_path = home/www/moodledata
memory_limit = 16M

The moodledata directory has permissions 777 (read, write, execute).

I have tried many things, but nothing is working.

Any suggestions?  Thanks,

http://www.epiteach.net/moodle
In reply to Allie A

by Allie A -
Am working on a Windows XP computer with EasyPHP1-7 installed.  Using Firefox 1.10.1 as the browser.

Server settings:

Operating system :Debian GNU/Linux
MySQL version : 4.0.21-log
PHP version : 4.3.4

Server API: Apache

Apparently there is another php.ini on the server at
Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc/php4/apache/php.ini

Please be patient- I'm very new at this, and I can't find a solution in a search of the forums.

Thanks again,

Allie

In reply to Allie A

by Allie A -
And it's Moodle 1.4.1.

Several more hours of trying have not produced a solution.

In reply to Allie A

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Allie A.

After a bit of thought In moodle/config.php There is this line

// - On Windows systems you might specify something like 'c:\moodledata'

Whereas you seem to be saying that the datafolder is in a linuxy-looking place. Are you sure you are speficing the path correctly? Are you using the right type of slashes "\" for windows and "/" for Linux, I think.

E.g. in your php.ini shouldn't that be...
session.save_path = c:\www\moodledata

or in your config php instead of

$CFG->dataroot  = '/home/www/moodledata';

perhaps you already have....

$CFG->dataroot  = 'c:\home\www\moodledata';

I am sorry if this is really dumb.

Timothy
Takemoto