Unable to see graphs

Unable to see graphs

by Christian Pizzuto -
Number of replies: 7
I am unable to see the graphs that should be produced to visualize the results of the survey (feedback). This happens with reference to the synthesis graph (the total of the results) and the individual ones.
See attachment (my video).
Thanks for your kind help

WIN 2000 SERVER (SP 3)
Moodle - latest release
Apache 2.0.45
PHP 4.2.3
MYSQL 3.23.39
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Pizzuto

Re: Unable to see graphs

by P. Timothy Ervin -
This is exactly the same problem I am having. Martin is being very helpful over in the General Forum, but no answer is yet to appear. I think I'm on to something, but we'll have to see.

Except for the server, we have identical setups.

Cheers,
ptervin

by Gunnar Björkman -

Hi!

We have the same problem, no change when installing latest version of Moodle

Linux 2.4.20
Apache 2.0.46
Moodle 1.0.9
PHP 4.3.2
MYSQL 3.23.55

In reply to Gunnar Björkman

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Assuming you do have GD installed correctly, the way to solve this is to look in the HTML source of the page where the graph is missing to find the URL of the image file.

If you see a "broken image" icon on the page you can also probably right-click on it to get the URL.

Put this URL directly in your browser's location bar, to view the image drectly. If all was well you would just see an image, but if there are some errors you will see text errors printed by PHP that explain what the problem is and provide you with a clue to solve it.

by Ger Tielemans -

I use two Windows-machines for testing Moodle before it goes to our Linux-server (other person)

WindowsXP with Martin's Easyphp install set:

• PHP 4.2.0
  • Apache 1.3.24
  • MySQL 3.23.49

Windows2000 with Uniserver2.6

• PHP 4.3.2
  • Apache 2.0.46
  • MySQL 4.0.13

I placed php_gd.dll and php_gd2.dll in the subdirectory extensions of the php-dir

In both cases I can install GD 2 and run a graphical test, Moodle "sees" the GD2LIB, but Moodle survey graphics does not work

If I fall back to php_gd.dll  Easyphp works right away

In uniserver2.6 I had to replace php_gd.dll with this version 1.6.2 and then it works also..

installing the gd-lib as the first line in the extensions list of php could also be a trick (my linux man told me)

;Windows Extensions
;Note that MySQL and ODBC support is now built in, so no dll is needed for it.
;
extension=php_gd.dll
;extension=php_gd2.dll
;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_cpdf.dll
;extension=php_crack.dll etc......