Article - Moodle goes Corporate

Re: Article - Moodle goes Corporate

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Ron,
There is a Moodle.org course for Business Users.

I was a little concerned about giving all the info required to see the article. But I am glad I did. I didn't realize that some very large Corps used Moodle, but that should not surprise me. I know Moodle can be used as a one kind of training tool for training organizations given many discussions on moodle.org. The article by Sarah Fister Gale mentioned several potentials and facts.

*Use of intranet to deliver the same (corporate approved) basics to remote company locations, useful with high employee turnover or special situtations
*Community formation in a changing environment , with remote locations working out best practices through active discussions
*Knowledge base creation that evolves
*Self paced, a synchronous skill building courses (shareable creating added value)
*Self paced, a synchronous certifications (with robust and flexible tracking)
*Seamless integration with many front ends
*Scaleable - KISS to a group hug smile
*Great support via Moodle.org (my personal favorite)

Some things I knew others I did not. I feel it is being used in Health Care organizations more and more. But I did not realize that Subaru used it. I did know about Cisco. There was also a good plug for a Moodle Partner and hosting which is important to some IT depts.

Good stuff for people who might need to pitch Moodle.

Chris.