Topics Format + Label Resource = Topics Missing

Topics Format + Label Resource = Topics Missing

by Israel Llamas -
Number of replies: 12
Greetings all,

I am having an issue when if a fairly large label is inserted to a topic it "eats up" or makes the next week disappear. Such as I insert a large text label in week 2 and week 3 disappears and cannot be recovered unless a restore is done. Any Help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Izzy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Israel Llamas

Re: Topics Format + Label Resource = Topics Missing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry I can't help you with the disappearing weeks -though I'd be interested to seescreenshot- however why not just use a webpage instead of a label? It would make your course page not so long and avoid losing the next week! YOu could type as the title of the webpage something like click here for information of this week- and then put the info in the webpage -then students can still access it but won't have to scroll smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Claire Browne -
Hi,

I am not sure if I have put this in the right forumn or not.

I am trying to change the background of a label and when I do it only changes the color behind the writing, so you can clearly see where each line ends, but I want one white block like the images attached.
Attachment labels.GIF
In reply to Claire Browne

by Claire Browne -
This is the label I am trying to achieve.
Attachment the_label_i_want.GIF

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
How about ... going to your label and clicking on the table icon and making a table one x one and then colouring the inside of that table/single cell white?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Claire Browne -
Hi,

Yes thankyou that worked perfectly.

I wonder why it doesnt work normall, considering my other topics are the same as my second attachment.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Claire,

Whilst you were replying, I found another way (sorry Mary blush).  It is just a matter of usign the standard colour tools and adapting the 'font' tag that it uses.  Please see attached.

Cheers,

Gareth

Attachment big_labels.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Claire Browne -
HI, Gareth,

Thanks for your the useful tip, unfortunatly that still did not achieve the outcome I wanted.

If I do it your way I get my background color of the toggle section coming through so the writing is all white and then I have thin grey lines in between each sentence.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but at the moment the table is working as a quick fix.

Thanks anyway,

Claire
Attachment labels.GIF
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Claire Browne -
HI Gareth,

I dont know if I need to post this post here or not.

Since installing the collaspsed topics, when I change a format back to topic format all my activities align right?

is this a bug or have i changed something in the css?

by José Cedeño -
I think you should file a bug abou this issue. The reason why it doesn't work normally is due to the way labels are added. If I remember correctly, labels use 'span' html elements. If labels used divs, this problem wouldn't occur.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to José Cedeño

by Claire Browne -
How do a file a bug about an issue? sorry new to moodle.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Claire,

You need to use Moodle Tracker but search for a similar issue first before creating a new one.

Cheers,

Gareth
In reply to Israel Llamas

by Sarah Dutcher -
I have been having this issue too. Did you ever get a solution for what causes this and how to avoid it?

Thanks!