Groups

Groups

by Gerhilde Meissl-Egghart -
Number of replies: 2
I wonder about the group-feature in the journal module. I learned, that a journal is something completely private between the teacher and the student. So, what is the meaning of having 'visible' or 'separate' or 'no' groups?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerhilde Meissl-Egghart

Re: Groups

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. I've never used a journal so I might be quite wrong here but I would have thought the benefit of a having groups would be from the teacher's point of view and would not affect the students. If you have groups set up then you can filter the results in your gradebook to only seeing one group or class of students' journals at one time, instead of seeing every student you have on the course. Since students can't see each others' work anyway ,whether it is ungrouped or grouped, it doesn't really make any difference to them.
In reply to Gerhilde Meissl-Egghart

Re: Groups

by Marc Grober -
Gerhilde,

Journal module is going away so it perhaps does not make sense to start exploring it now......

I would look at the online assignment and experiment with that and then repost your question in the other forum.....