Version Control

Version Control

by Tamar Bacon -
Number of replies: 4
Is there a way of creating a parallel instance of the front page and/or course pages so that you can make changes to the site in a staging area before migrating them to "production"?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tamar Bacon

Re: Version Control

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well, short of having a separate Moodle to practise on I don't see why you couldn't make a private course, hidden to everyone except admin , where you could trial things out?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tamar Bacon -

Thanks Mary!  I think that would work for me for the courses.  Do you have any suggestions for the front-page?

In reply to Tamar Bacon

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Depends on how your front page is already set up.Our front page is open access and is set up with topic section so it's not too difficult to replicate on a course page with just one topic; I don't know how yours is arranged
Why not get yourself a free moodle at ninehub.com and then you can practise your front page there?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)