Moodle blocking communication between SWF and XML files?

Moodle blocking communication between SWF and XML files?

by Steven A -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

I'm trying to embed a SWF into the header of my site. The SWF is an image rotator that calls an XML for information about where the images are, how long each image should be shown, etc.

The Flash player installs just fine, but communication between the SWF and XML fails; all I get is a blank Flash payer. Is Moodle blocking that communication? Regular SWF files embed without a hitch.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven A

Re: Moodle blocking communication between SWF and XML files?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. What version of Moodle are you using? I am presuming both files are within the same folder? I've had similar problems in earlier versions of Moodle with xml files not connecting to swf files (with games I wanted to put on Moodle) butwith the version I am on now, 1.9.3, this seems to have been resolved.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steven A -
Hi Mary,

I'm using 1.9.3. Putting both files (or all files including the images to be rotated) into the same directory doesn't help.

The SWF can call the XML without any problem when both files are on my server but entirely outside of Moodle. Bringing the files into Moodle, however, breaks the communication.

In reply to Steven A

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
can you zip them ? and post them here ?
so we could test it on one of our server.
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Steven A -
No can do, Nadav. I'd be breaking the licensing agreement of the Flash component if I did.