Summary of assignment

Summary of assignment

by Warren Linds -
Number of replies: 8
In the summary box for assignments using text we are allowed all sorts of formatting but in the body box we are not. However, if put in the text in the summary box (with bold, italics, etc. to emphasize certain points) it is not immediately visible to students. It is visible to students if it is put in the body box. Why this arrangement? It seems to me what is most important is the body text -- why can't I do formatting in this? For example, I see the assignment currently there but the font is tiny, etc.

I don't want to have to always upload a Word file for assignments for formatting to be used?

Can the above arrangement be changed?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Warren Linds

Re: Summary of assignment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Which assignment do you mean? The online text assignment? What do you mean by the body box? According to the browser you use you should be able to format in any box that has an html editor - can you tell me where you are wishing to put your summary please?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Warren Linds -
Yes, text assignment. When that opens up, there are two boxes. One has all the formatting codes above it and the other doesn't. But if I fill out the one with formatting codes one it doesn't appear as the assignment, it is just a summary box. The other one below it is what I call the body box, where there are no formatting codes.

It just seems odd that one box would have the formatting codes available (and yet cannot contain the assignment details) and one does not (and contains those important details).

Thanks.
In reply to Warren Linds

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. I wonder if you are using compose a text page, not the online text assignment? If you want the html editor in the 'body' box you should choose compose a webpage. Or else, as I suggested, the online text assignment reached from Add an Activity>assignment>online text. Are you seeing what this screenshot shows?
Attachment text.jpg
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ray Lawrence -
Warren,

Please can you post a screen shot and the steps you took to display the interface you describe?
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Mary Cooch -
Oops - Ray- just edited my post and then saw yours -your Great Mind got there first smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Warren Linds -
Sorry, I meant in the Resources section, not the Assignment section. In the Resource section there doesn't seem to be anyway to format text. Is there?
In reply to Warren Linds

by Mary Cooch -
Do you mean the text page resource? In which case , why not use the compose a webpage resource? You can format the text there with the html editor.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Warren Linds -
OK. but why can't I do that in the Text page Resource? It seems odd that you can format in the Summary box, but not the body text box.