Can´t change the password of a student

Can´t change the password of a student

by Juan Timana -
Number of replies: 5
Hello:
I have this situation. One of my sutdents lost his PW, and he tried to get it. The system told him that he he would get a mail, that he never got.
Then I tried as the admin to change his password, so I could give to him. When I enter to change his profile, and tried to change his PW, this PW was completely visible, and it looked like it was accepted. but when tested to login it was not accepted.

Any hint please?

I am using version 1.03.1

Juan.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Timana

Re: Can´t change the password of a student

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Firstly, I highly recommend upgrading to 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 which will be available in a couple of days.

I don't recall anything that would cause this problem you describe, though. Certainly this process works fine on 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 for me (eg try it on this site).

Is your mail working for other things, like Forums for example?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Passwords are case-sensitive, too, are you sure you typed it exactly the same both times?

by Juan Timana -
I worked with version 1.04, and the passwords were made up of numbers.
I will try to upgrade when 1.05 is ready.

by Juan Timana -
The problem is when I try to change the PW of a student.
Whre can a Student try to change his/her PW? I could no find it my self
Juan
In reply to Juan Timana

by Martin Dougiamas -
On the login page there is a button to reset the password (it reconfirms via email)