How to insert link to download a file?

How to insert link to download a file?

by Santosh Athanikar -
Number of replies: 5
Hello,
On a Wiki page I want to give a hyper-link to download a file which has been already uploaded to the site.
In "Edit" mode of the Wiki page I inserted the Web-Link using "Insert Web Link" button and then selecting the URL for required file. In "Edit" mode, if I click on the link, it starts downloading the file.
However, when I save the page and go to "View" mode, then the download link is not working.
Following screen-shot is in View-mode, where "Title" defined for the link is displayed, but actual downloading does not start with click on the link -

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Santosh Athanikar

Re: How to insert link to download a file?

by Sally Mack -

I am assuming you used the normal insert link in the html editor.

I think from some experimenting I tried earlier in the year you have to put the link inside square brackets on your edit page.

[Product Specifications]

Cheers,
Sally Mack

In reply to Sally Mack

by Santosh Athanikar -
Hello,
If I insert a link using square brackets, then it creates a link to new Wiki page; it is similar to using CamelCase for creating a link to new page.
But that is not my requirement.
I want to insert a link within Wiki page to download a file, which has been already uploaded to the web site.

by Sally Mack -

Hi Santosh,

Sorry I was a little rusty on how I did it.

Assuming you have the file loaded as an attachment to the page, here is how to do it.

Cheers,

Sally Mack

by rich holman -
I have been having a similar problem, my links work in edit mode but they DO NOT WORK IN VIEW MODE. I discovered that when I switched off camelcase linking in the wiki menu, my links started to work in view mode. Having googled this it has been reported as a bug:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-17669