Automatically 'closing' old grades in grader report

Automatically 'closing' old grades in grader report

by Mike Worth -
Number of replies: 4
I've had a teacher come to me because her gradebook is getting increasingly wider; we've been using it one term and it already won't fit on her screen.

What she would like is to be able to 'hide' old grades (more than a month since the assignment was due in maybe?) in the same way as blocks can be hidden with the little minimise style icon in such a way as they can be easily viewed if required.

Any ideas anyone? (I'm perfectly happy to play with code if I have to)

Thanks,
Mike
In reply to Mike Worth

Re: Automatically 'closing' old grades in grader report

by David Fountain -

Put some of the items into categories and then you can expand/collapse them (circled in red):

Collapsed grades in categories

In reply to David Fountain

by Mike Worth -
Thanks for the idea, but this isn't ideal- I'll have to either do it myself of try to persuade teachers that they want to go through another level of an already unintuitive interface to catagorise them.
In reply to Mike Worth

by David Fountain -
How about a sql update that puts all assignments (Not already in a category) into a category by the month they are due in? Run it once a month...
In reply to David Fountain

by Mike Worth -
I like the idea, I think it would be better run frequently so that teachers aren't suprised by monthly changes (if it happens after a couple of minutes they will get used to it a lot quicker I imagine).

I'm thinking of writing a block or something to do this automatically, see here if you want to know how I get on

Thanks a lot,
Mike