Questionmark Perception 4

Questionmark Perception 4

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

On the website of QMP there's a Moodle connector available for download:

http://www.questionmark.com/us/download/index.aspx

Who has experience with this? I actually want to get rid of our perception, but there's still no good way to get questions out of perception and import them into the Moodle Quiz module.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: Questionmark Perception 4

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I did start work an an importer for QMP - it's in the optional plugins database. It's a bit rubbish though. If somebody wants to cross my palm with silver and find me a copy of QMP I'd finish it off. I have no need myself now, so that would be what it would take.
In reply to Howard Miller

Howard,

I used your importer, tanks for that! It doesn't work flawlessly but it's a start.

However, it imports QML files only if I'm correct. I could not succeed in exporting questions from Questiomark version 4 to QML-format.

If you wish you can download Questionmark Perception from the website and use it for 30 days. Just go to http://www.questionmark.com and press download. You need to register and get an Email with a password, but it's all free of charge.

I can also send you some QMP 4 repositories that I would love to use in the Moodle Quiz Module. They are in Dutch though.

You can reach me at iwr@edudelta.nl

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

I just found out that you can export QML files from Questionmark Perception version 4. It's just not in the file menu but in the manage menu.

Your importer still works, but skips questions from the so called 'match'-type.

I don't know what these are. But it's good to start from scratch here. At least I can now import questions.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Sébastien Ducoin -

Hi,

I found your post while googling how to imprt qmp to moodle quiz. I'm interested by your plugin.

is there a place I can download it?

thanx

May the force be with youS.D.

In reply to Sébastien Ducoin

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

This thread is quite old (5 years !). Moodle and QMP have changed a lot in 5 years.

I think you will be better to ask your question to the people selling QMP, after all it is not free so I suppose they support their product !

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Sébastien Ducoin -

Actually I need to translate questions in qmp format to moodle quiz format. Moodle and qmp have not changed so much as I can see. Anyway I'll have to find a way by myself.

cheers

SD

In reply to Sébastien Ducoin

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Sabastien,

Believe me,

Any plugin to import question that is five years old would certainly be broken if it has not been upgraded ! I know it, as I have fixed several ones in Moodle core smile.

Also I seem to remember that there is now an "official" QMP plugin to import questions into Moodle but as I don't use QMP (I certainly could not afford it !) it's better that some QMP users on that forum answer that part of your question.