Peer edit Video Projects

Peer edit Video Projects

by Michael Fisher -
Number of replies: 2
What would be the best way for students to upload videos they had done, to Moodle, then be peer edited, and finally graded by students.

I am trying to work out the workshop assignment to do this and my major sticking point is I don't know what format they should save videos in to get the best result on Moodle. (using embed multimedia playback included with 1.9.3).

In short I'm trying to get video pod casting of the ground.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Fisher

Re: Peer edit Video Projects

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Workshop would do the job, with I personally reckon wmv as the best file format. Or you could get them to upload them to a forum as attachments (max upload size permitting) if you allow students to rate forum entries - or even glossary or database smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Peer edit Video Projects

by Michael Fisher -
I need to do more than apply a simple good-bad rating to the uploaded video.
I would be using a rubric of different elements of the movie on different scales.
To my knowledge a simple number rating is about all you could do if a glossary, database, or forum was used. Although this could be made to work, by asking for more detailed resonances in forums or multiply ones one for each rubric entry, I still think a workshop is best.

Could you be more specific about what format that moodle understands and is able to handle as embed? resolution, fps, streaming or non, etc.

Thank you for the Quick reply