SCORM Packages and Prerequisites

SCORM Packages and Prerequisites

by tataka psiori -
Number of replies: 3
I have several SCORM packages in different Topics and I'd like to prevent users from accessing them in the wrong order. Is there a way to have prerequisites of some sort?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tataka psiori

Re: SCORM Packages and Prerequisites

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Moodle 1.9.3 supports pre-requisites in SCORM 1.2 - so yes this is possible, however it depends on your SCORM Authoring tool as to how you implement this.
In reply to Dan Marsden

by tataka psiori -
Are you taliking about pre-requisites within single SCORM package or can I have, for example SCORM activity B in Topic 2 require the completion of SCORM activity A in Topic 1?
In reply to tataka psiori

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yes - I was talking about pre-requisites within the Single SCORM package.

If you want to use pre-requisites for multiple SCORM packages, - this is referred to as "Activity Locking" - which is available as a 3rd party patch for Moodle 1.9 - search the forums/docs for more info.

Also - Activity locking is planned for inclusion in Moodle 2.0.