Auto Email when SCORM Completed

Auto Email when SCORM Completed

by jared anderson -
Number of replies: 3
Is there anyway to have an auto-generated email sent to a specified address when users complete a SCORM module?

If this is not possible, what other course confirmation options are available

I would like to be notified when a user completes a SCORM course

Kind regards and many thanks, Jared
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jared anderson

Re: Auto Email when SCORM Completed

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jared,

nothing like this is available at this stage, and it isn't something that we would be likely to work on without specific funding. If you want this bad enough to pay for it to be done, you could contact your local Moodle Partner who will be able to provide a quote. Or you could contract another developer to do the work and attach their work as a patch to a Moodle Tracker issue for us to review for inclusion in Moodle core.
In reply to Dan Marsden

by jared anderson -
Hi Dan,

What is the best way for a manager to be notified that a user has completed the course, my modules are built with Captivate 3

Also, how can I get a CSV (excel) record of all training out of moodle, to be imported into another records system

Kind Regards and many thanks for your tips

Jared
In reply to jared anderson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
part of your issue is that there's no easy way to define what a user would need to do to "Complete" a whole course.

one possible solution would be to install the certificate module on your site, and set it's activity locking to require certain grades/responses from all your SCORMS/Quizzes etc. I have a feeling it has the option to e-mail the teacher when a student is "issued" a certificate...

only problem with this is that the user MUST view the certificate after "completing" the course - if they complete everything, but do not click on the link to view the certificate, it will not notify that it has been complete.

Moodle 2.0 will have much better activity tracking/locking functionality and will potentially solve this problem for you as well.

regarding exporting grades - you can export grades from the gradebook within each course, but theres no easy way of exporting a csv of all the courses at once (although Francois recently wrote a patch that does this and is available in MDL-17420)