Weekly competition using Quiz module

Weekly competition using Quiz module

por Dan Cox -
Número de respostas: 2
Hi everyone, I hope you can help with my query...

I would like to set up a weekly competition in my school's Moodle. It would consist of two mathematical questions every week and I would like Moodle to keep track of the students' scores.

My main problem is this - since I will be setting a quiz each week, eventually there will be more than 30 quizzes and this will look congested on the course page! (I believe I need to use a separate quiz each week so I can set when the quiz opens and closes...is there an alternative to this?) Is it possible to 'compact' all the quizzes into a single link (i.e. 'Weekly competition') on the course page?

My second question relates to Moodle grading their answers. This may be a stupid question but can Moodle automatically give me a 'leaderboard' at any point in the competition? I'm trying to find out how automated I can make this - hopefully I can enter all the competition questions, set their opening and closing dates and let Moodle do the rest!

Thank you in advance,

Dan
Em resposta a 'Dan Cox'

Re: Weekly competition using Quiz module

por Mary Cooch -
Foto de Documentation writers Foto de Moodle HQ Foto de Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto de Testers Foto de Translators
To answer your first question, if you are using topic layout in your course, put all your quizzes into the bottom topic. (Or make a new topic at the bottom via course settings) Then copy the url of each quiz and paste it into either notepad or word (just so you have a record of it somewhere) Then go back to your course settings and set the number of topics back to whatever it was before you added that bottom topic. Then- go to add a resource>compose a webpage and make a webpage in which you paste all the urls of the 30 quizzes you made and which you've got copied in notepad/Word. When you save that webpage you can call it Weekly competition. It will only be one link on the course page but when students click on it they will get the list of 30 quizzes.