Top of Page link & HTML code

Top of Page link & HTML code

by Con Theologou -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Folks

I am looking for help with getting my Moodle Top of Page links to take the user to the actual top of page. I have set anchors and links which work okay except that I can only set an anchor to the first topic. When the TOP link is used the user is taken to the first topic. To see the page header etc the user must still scroll up to see the page header. Idealy I would like to link to the header at the top of the Moodle page.

I have pasted the page URL into the link but that takes extra time because it reloads the page. Can anyone help me with the code that I should use to have the ToP link take users to the header of the page?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Con Theologou

Re: Top of Page link & HTML code

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Con Theologou -

Hi Tim

Thank you for the HTML tip. I guess in the scheme of things my request is pretty trivial but it was a minor irritation that was frustrating us.

Our Moodle uses a standard theme that is set and controlled by our organisation. As a novice user I have very little control except over the content I create and upload. Also having limited knowledge of HTML does not help. I used your suggestion <a href="#page"> and it worked beautifully. Now "top of page" actually takes us to top of page.

In reply to Con Theologou

by ben reynolds -
Tim is a very responsive programmer. AKA, a good guy. Use his comments to ingratiate yourself with the IT folks at your organization.

In Chattanooga's school district (Tennessee, USA), in the late 70's, they had a typically southern U.S. motto, according to a friend who worked there then -- "Catch 'em doin' good."

Tim is one guy you catch doin' good frequently.