Face to face grades

Face to face grades

by Iver Johnson -
Number of replies: 4
I am using Face to Face 1.40.

I have an issue with facetoface and Certificate, but found the problem in facetoface.
My users were telling me they couldn't obtain a certificate after I marked them present in the course, so I did some looking around. I found that the mdl_facetoface_submissions table had a "Grade" field. It showed 0 for all my users, even though the actual grade book shows 100% and the Face to Face shows yes for attendance.
When I changed the 0 to 100 in the table as a test, I was then able to get a certificate for my test student.
Is there a bug in the attendance checkbox code that doesn't change that field, or is it my system that just no longer likes me (been a long day)?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iver Johnson

Re: Face to face grades

by François Marier -
Hi Iver,

I think that the reason why this isn't working is simply that we haven't updated the certificate module patch after we moved all of the Face-to-face grades to the 1.9 gradebook.

Cheers,
Francois
In reply to François Marier

by Iver Johnson -
Thanks for your reply.

Is there anyway for me to put some of the code back in to the module so it will also report attendance the way it used to and the certificate module will work? I know it's only a temporary fix, but I am a little desperate as I have many people who have attended the sessions and need their certificates to recertify their licenses by March.

If you have any idea what code was removed, I would be greatful if it could be sent to me so I could make this work.

Iver
In reply to Iver Johnson

by François Marier -
Hi Iver,

Duplicating the grades would be tricky and error-prone so I wouldn't recommend that approach.

I will have a look at updating the patch sometime in the next 2 weeks. Feel free to remind me in early February if you haven't heard anything back.

Once I have a new patch, I will update the tracker:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-961

Cheers,
Francois
In reply to François Marier

by François Marier -
I have just attached a new patch to the tracker.

It pulls grades from the 1.9 gradebook and therefore works with the latest version of the Face-to-face module.

Cheers,
Francois