Not being able to roam between sites after changing the IP address of one site

Not being able to roam between sites after changing the IP address of one site

by Mari Cruz García -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

I wonder is somebody else has encountered the same problem:

We used to roam between two Moodle 1.8.3 sites without problems by means of MNET. Then, we move the main moodle site -from which we roam to the peer site - to a different server and the IP address changed.

I added the new IP address in the list of trusted hosts, for both sites. We also changed the IP address in the mnet_hosts table of both sites databases. They exchange public keys without problems, but then, when I try to roam from one site to the other, I got the following error message:

"RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:Payload not signed: faultCode 7017 faultString Your IP address does not match the address we have on record. ERROR 2:2:Payload not signed: faultCode 7017 faultString Your IP address does not match the address we have on record".

The same error was reported in other fora, but no answers were given.
Is it a bug in the code?

Thank you very much.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mari Cruz García

Re: Not being able to roam between sites after changing the IP address of one site

by Nigel McNie -
Did you regenerate the key for the site that had moved? You'll definitely need to do that if the hostname changed.

In this situation, I'd be tempted to delete and re-generate both keys, and perform keyswap again.
In reply to Nigel McNie

Re: Not being able to roam between sites after changing the IP address of one site

by Mari Cruz García -
Hello Nigel,

I have deleted and generated new passwords, but no luck!

Regards
In reply to Mari Cruz García

by Nigel McNie -
My next suggestion would be to then upgrade to the latest Moodle 1.8, or to Moodle 1.9 if you can. They contain more recent MNET code.