Login as another teacher

Login as another teacher

by Bente Olsen -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In 1.9.3 I just discovered that setting the capability 'moodle/user:loginas' to allow for a role allows the current role holder to login as any other role in the current context. If you eg. apply 'loginas' to teachers they can login as any other teacher in the course as well as other roles, administrator too. Is that by purpose or is it a bug?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Login as another teacher

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Basically yes. It may not be ideal, but it is what it is possible to implement.

You will notice that there are quite a lot of those warning 'risk' triangles next to that capability in the roles interface. They are there for a reason.

Why do teachers need to be able to log in as students? What do you want them to be able to do?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Actually if you ask me they should not be able to log in as others, nor students or teachers. If I could I would delete that option. They could log in as their students in our former LMS, so they got used to it. Every now and then they are wandering how everything looks like for their students, e.g. when they have responded to a submitted assignment or to see how it looks like if a student have problems. I tell them to make a test student, but I do not really manage to get through with it. I tell them to have their test student to use another browser, but that seems to be too much to ask for.
In reply to Bente Olsen

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, I know what you mean about getting people to use the available tools.

Of course you can create the test user account for them, and give them the username and password. That helps.

Also, there is the option to switch roles near the top right of the course page.