DSpace plugin

DSpace plugin

by Dongsheng Cai -
Number of replies: 10
Hi, everyone, I started to develop dspace plugin for new repository API, just got dspace working on my machine, but it seems there is no public APIs available in dspace, anyone familar with dspace? is there any dspace module or plugin can do this?

Thank you,
Dongsheng Cai
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dongsheng Cai

Re: DSpace plugin

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Dongsheng, glad to hear that you are going to look into developing dspace plugin for the new repository API. Please keep me updated. By the way I'm sort of out of touch with the progress for the new moodle repository API. Is it ready for testing now? What's the status for the repository API? Thanks!
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Dongsheng Cai -
Hi, Wenhao, the status of repository API can be found here: MDL-13766 and MDL-16543.

The repository APIs are almost stable now, it is ready for testing, I am working on more repository plugins now. wish to heard your feedback soon smile

I can find "file picker" in html editor or forum module.
In reply to Dongsheng Cai

by Eamon Costello -
Hi Guys,

Has there been any progress on a DSpac/Moodle plugin? If not do you know how someone could go about getting involved in this?

Thanks,

Eamon

In reply to Eamon Costello

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Eamon - The best thing I think we can do at this point is encourage the folks at DSpace to comment on the tracker issues mentioned above. I met some of the DSpace folks and they were with me when I created the tracker issue. My hope was that they would help provide the information we need to implement the plugin. Are you active in the DSpace community? Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Eamon Costello -
Hi Anthony,

Many thanks for the info. Yes I am working on trying to scope or ideally prototype Moodle as a retrieval interface to DSpace. If I thought It was feasible I would try and develop this or help contribute to its development.

Yes I agree some help from the DSpace people would be very welcome. I am hopeful that the technology does already exist on their side with the SRU/W component (which unfortunately does not appear to be in the default install of DSpace).

I have another question that maybe you or someone else could answer: is the filepicker still under development? Am I wrong in thinking that filepicker is neccessary to test repository plugins? I am finding it hard to get my head around how a repository plugin can be developed without the filepicker. Any help on this much appreciated and many thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Eamon

by Anthony Borrow -
Eamon - Thanks for the follow up. To answer your question, or at least take a stab at it, the file repository including the file picker is still under active development; however, for quite some time it has been at a point where plugin development has been possible. So I functional file picker is developed and being tested with various plugins. The more information we can provide the developers about what exists on the DSpace side, the better they will be able to work toward designing a good plugin for the Moodle side. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Eamon Costello -
Thanks Anthony,

>> So a functional file picker is developed and being tested with various plugins

I have seen it in screen shots in the forums but I cannot get it working in the Moodle 2.0 instance I have running. I try and configure the Flickr repository for instance which appears to setup fine but when I try and add a resource to a course the filepicker does not appear for me (nor any option to select a file from a repository). Is there anything special I need to do to enable the filepicker or some particular flavour of Moodle 2.0 I need to install?

Thanks again for your help.

- Eamon

by Eamon Costello -
Doh! Apologies for the newbyness. I see the filepicker now. It was in the HTML editor all along (just not visible from the "link to file or website" yet.)
- Eamon

by Anthony Borrow -
Eamon - whew ... glad you found it. Thanks for letting me know. Peace - Anthony