Does Scheduler work in 1.3.4+ / 1.4

Does Scheduler work in 1.3.4+ / 1.4

by Hans de Zwart -
Number of replies: 12
Calling out to Gustav smile!!

I think the Scheduler module was/is a great thing. I have never gotten to use it though sad. I was testing it on my Moodle 1.2 site and had big plans for using it in the next school year. It is great for scheduling teacher/parent appointments for example.

This morning I upgraded my Moodle Site. It is now 1.3.4+ and scheduler doesn't seem to work...

Is that correct? Gustav, do you think you will be able to fix things so that it can work? I do not need it to work with the Calendar or with blocks (to me it doesn't even need to work with backup). Just the basic functionality that is had. It was perfect in its simplicity.

I would love to use it and am sure I am not the only one!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans de Zwart

Re: Does Scheduler work in 1.3.4+ / 1.4

by Gustav W Delius -
Hi Hans, I only just found your post while vainly searching for "Gustav" in the forums blush. We will actually need the scheduler again in October. I was planning to get it into shape for Moodle 1.4 in early September. But that may not be early enough for you. When does your school year start?
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by W Page -
Hi Gustav!

[coming out of lurking to respond to a question which was not my own]

First week in September. smile smile

WP1

by Hans de Zwart -
Hello Gustav, I will start working on the 30th of August. But I do not think I will need scheduler earlier than you. I want to demonstrate it on the first parents evening to be used for scheduling parent-teacher meetings. Also I want to use it in a project where one group of students has to meet individual students.

I will not be using it before the 1.4 release anyway. Please do not feel rushed by my question. I am just very glad to hear that scheduler will get back into shape.smile

Do you have any new plans for it?

by Hans de Zwart -
Hey Gustav,

I saw that you have worked on scheduler on september 12th. You say that you have tested it with 1.4.
I use Moodle 1.4.1+ and have just tried installing scheduler. It tells me:

Could not add a new instance of scheduler

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

by Gustav W Delius -
Hi Hans,

unfortunately I have no real idea why you get that problem. Did you perhaps forget to visit the admin page after downloading the module?

by Hans de Zwart -
Hello Gustav,

No it isn't that I forgot to visit the admin page. The tables were created and I can see the module in the modules overview.
I have looked in the database and see that the two scheduler tables are the only tables in my installation with a mdl_ prefix. Could this be part of the problem?

When I delete the module from the module interface it appears to be deleted okay. When I then re-install scheduler I get an error that the tables already exist. The module doesn't get installed. I then delete the tables and start all over and this doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

by Hans de Zwart -
Yes, the table prefix was the problem indeed.

For some reason while installing the module the tables get created with a mdl_ prefix. My site doesn't use this prefix. While using the module the scheduler tables are called upon without the prefix. This obviously didn't work.
After altering the table names everything worked fine.

Gustav is still my hero.

by Peter Sereinigg -

Hi Gustav,

when changing the modul, please take care on GMT - time-differences.

In one of the last releases mybe the gmt - correction from me got lost ...

Definining 10:00 is shown as 11:00 and when changing it its shown as 10:00 again ...
Moodle is defined with gmt +1 on my server

any idea?

Peter

In reply to Peter Sereinigg

by Gustav W Delius -
I didn't deleted any of your changes. However I must admit I never understood your fix. Wouldn't the proper thing be to use the moodle functions userdate() and usertime()?

by Jacques Monnard -
There seems to be a bug in the current version (2004091100) of the scheduler module. It installs fine on our Moodle 1.4.1 installation, and can be used by the teacher. But when a student tries to access it, there is an error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_notice() in ...\moodle\mod\scheduler\view.php on line 495

I suppose this is due to the fact that the "print_notice" function was removed from Moodle at some point in the development...
In reply to Jacques Monnard

by Gustav W Delius -
Thank you for reporting that. I have replaced the print_notice() by notify() and committed the corrected version to CVS.