Weird error: User not found

by Sujeet Nayak -
Number of replies: 5

After upgrading Moodle 1.3.3 to 1.3.4, we got following errors.

If one logs into the site the following messages is being displayed

But after clicking on the hyperlink CONTINUE, one can log into the site.

Another strange problem we faced is, all the resources (uploaded files) types are automatically converted to DIRECTORY type.

Can anybody Help me out?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sujeet Nayak

Re: Weird error: User not found

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You upgraded to 1.3.4, or 1.4 dev?  1.3.4 is not very different from 1.3.3 and shouldn't cause any such problems. 
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sujeet Nayak -

Actually I first upgraded to to 1.4 dev version and when i realized that I made a mistake, again downgraded to 1.3.4. Now it is showing this problem. Can you tell me how to get rid of this problem?

In reply to Sujeet Nayak

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If the data is important to you, I recommend going back to Moodle 1.4 development and helping us find bugs in it.  wink  You can't downgrade Moodle to old versions without significant hacks.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sujeet Nayak -

Thanx Martin.

I reinstalled mysql first and then moodle 1.3.4, with the same data directroy and database. Now it is working.

But when I try to access the Admin page, I get some warnings like this:

WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

Version mismatch: assignment can't downgrade 2004060400 -> 2004040100 !

Continue

Can you tell me what is wrong?

In reply to Sujeet Nayak

by Martin Dougiamas -
You can not downgrade from 1.4 to 1.3.4.

Either reinstall Moodle 1.4, or delete your database and start a fresh 1.3.4.