Import html from custom block in 1.9.2 - Not available?

Import html from custom block in 1.9.2 - Not available?

by Ken Robinson -
Number of replies: 4
I recently upgraded a my moodle versions from 1.8 to 1.9.2 because I was unable to successfully import html blocks. Both my development and test servers are using the MoodleRoom theme. My understanding was that tracker MDL-8270 fixed the inability to export html blocks and was available in 1.9.2.

However, after an apparently successful backup and restore to the new server, everything is in place with the exception of the html block that was added. I've searched the forum with no luck.

Is it NOT possible to restore just one course across servers? I know the data is in the db, but do not see it in the exported html file. How can I get this course successfully migrated?

Any direction, links or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

ken
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Robinson

Re: Import html from custom block in 1.9.2 - Not available?

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers
I created an HTML block on my test moodle (desk machine runs 1.9.3) and it imported it fine. I then made changes to the block code and these were reflected in the moodle. So theory says if you just copy the custom block's folder FROM your old moodle blocks/ folder TO the new moodle's blocks/ folder, then run the Administration > Notifications page, it should pick it up.

HTH
Dave
In reply to Dave Perry

by Ken Robinson -
Dave:
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I truly appreciate the help as I'm still attempting to wrap my head around all that is Moodle.
I gave the suggestion a whirl and it appears I was pretty bad at describing the problem.

The html that is used to represent the default page for this course is an html block that is added into WYSWIG editor when I click the configuration button for the page.

In reviewing the backup xml file, the page, there is an xml block with the html information and after unserializing and base64 decoding it, it appears to be absolutly correct.

I enabled debug on the destination server and restored the xml file. Although the page makes it into the xml and makes it into the db, the block is no longer associated with the page it was created for such that when I select this default page, I have to add a new html block and paste the code from the old server.

Does this clarify or muddy the water?
In reply to Ken Robinson

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers
This is beyond my knowledge of moodle then I'm afraid. Not sure if blocks is the right place for this post - perhaps try General Forums or HTML Editor forum?
In reply to Ken Robinson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Mmmm.... I'm surprised. I'm sure I've done this on 1.9 and it works absolutely fine. The HTML block, AFAIK, is actually a particularly simple case as the content is just serialised in the block's database record - no additional db table(s) for that block to complicate things.

I have a hunch something else might be going wrong here. Have you run with debugging on?