Glossary Autolinking Problem

Glossary Autolinking Problem

yazan Haik Hakopian -
Yanıt sayısı: 12

Hi all my name is Haik and i have a problem related to glossary autolinking,

There are many Lessons, quizes, Audio Lessons Workseets and Glossaries, i want to use glossary autolinking for all this, how can i do that?

I tried every way which you all advice us in furoms,i turned on Autolinking for each word but it not working,, i made changes in Moduls->Filters->Manage Filters->Glossary Autolinking->Enable but it still not working.

Is it possible that glossary autolinking problem related to Moodle Theme, I'm using Cameleon Theme?

Show me the other way how i can run glossary autolinking.

Haik Hakopian yanıt olarak

Re: Glossary Autolinking Problem

yazan Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Plugin developers 'ın resmi Testers 'ın resmi Translators 'ın resmi
>Is it possible that glossary autolinking problem related to Moodle Theme, I'm using Cameleon Theme?

Have you tried changing your site or course's theme (revert to standard theme) to see if the problem disappears?

Joseph Rézeau yanıt olarak

yazan Adam Sorensen -
Same Problem here. It worked when I was using a different theme other than Chameleon. I changed all my colors and want to stay with Chameleon.

How do I manually link the terms? I know I can link to the whole glossary but Its getting long and I wish I could use anchors?

I also checked all 3 spots

1. the definition its self to auto link on
2. module/activities/glossary on
3. module/filters/show

Chameleon

It sounds like its a Chameleon thing.

yazan Scott Reed -
I'm having the same issue, I cannot seem to get my glossary auto-linking feature to work.  I have turned on the setting in the glossary and in the admin>modules>glossary settings
Scott Reed yanıt olarak

yazan Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Plugin developers 'ın resmi Testers 'ın resmi Translators 'ın resmi
Hi Scott,
Since the glossary auto-linking feature does work for everyone, you'll have to conduct more tests and provide much more information about your situation so that we may help. e.g. which moodle version are you using? which theme? provide screenshots of extracts of your glossary, of the resource where you would want the auto-linking to appear, etc.
Joseph

yazan sandra ridings -

I am having the same issue. I am using the latest Moodle build. I have a local site and a remote site and autolinking is not working on either.

The glossary is enabled as a global (main) glossary.

Autolinking is enabled in the glossary settings and on the individual entries.

I have used a glossary in a previous version of moodle with no issues. I would really like to get this working before my class starts in three weeks.

HELP!

Sandra 

sandra ridings yanıt olarak

yazan Joseph Rézeau -
The glossary auto-linking filter should be enabled by an administrator in Administration > Modules > Manage filters.

yazan Cristiano Leoni -
I confirm that Glossary autolinking works on imported SCORM objects by using the above setting.

This is a new, weird effect, though: After setting the Glossary filter autolinking on (only this one is activated) and setting the filter active on all imported HTML files, it turns out that the styles on imported IMS packages are automatically replaced by moodle theme's styles.

Any idea on how to turn off this?
Cristiano Leoni yanıt olarak

yazan Joseph Rézeau -
I have not idea what SCORM is and I don't want to know, so I'm afraid I can't help you at all in this - indeed weird - display problem.
Joseph

yazan Dave Basener -
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I had everything set up with the glossaries and no linking occurred. I found your instructions and they worked perfectly.

Dave Basener
Local set up on 1.9.4
Roosevelt University
Chicago IL USA

Scott Reed yanıt olarak

yazan fabiana di domenico -

Hello,

I've a problem with autolink to glossary entries in my resources.

I use a 1.9.3 installation and my resources are most of all ppt trasformed in web page uploaded using the zipped folder and then unzipped on the server.

Autolink don't work in this web page almost always, but not always. Some words are autolinked and some other aren't.

I opened my web pages to see if some html tag or other could cause this problem but I didn't find anything: there aren't differences among words autolinked and words not autolinked.

Thank you for your help,

regards

Fabiana

Sorry, another question.

Some of my entries are greek letters that stand for some variables in mathematical formulae. Otherwise, I have some entries are latin letters that stand for other variables int he same formulae. I note that my greek letters, when the autolink is ok, are linked to the latin entries, maybe because the greek letters are only latin letter with font Symbol in my html file, while in my glossary I used the HTML code like &#... . How can I have the same presentation without this problem? Do I have to replace all my greek-symbol letter in my presentation with their HTML code?

Thank you,

Fabiana

yazan Loreta Kocovska -

Hi, I have the same problem, I've checked all the settings on my site, including the administration/modules/filters/manage filters/glossary autolinking is on. I am using Moodle ver 1.9.4.

Does anyone know why this feature isn't working. Thanks, Loreta.

Loreta Kocovska yanıt olarak

yazan Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Loreta,

When you say "I have the same problem" in a discussion which is rather old and has already had a number of replies, it is not clear what your problem is. Please re-post, describing in detail what you problem is, if possible illustrated with extracts from your glossary, screenshots, etc. We cannot help you if you do not say exactly what happens in your moodle course.wink

Joseph