Gradebook assignment returns?

Gradebook assignment returns?

by Deneka MacDonald -
Number of replies: 2
I've just been playing around in Gradebook using the upload a single assignment activity. I was incredibly surprised to learn that once I had marked an assignment my only option for giving feedback and comments to the student is from the Gradebook itself... I had expected to be able to re-upload the assignment itself for the student to view the particulars of my comments in context, having spent a half hour marking it and putting my feedback on the assignment document. Returning a script with indepth comments in context within an assignment is arguably one of the most effective ways to illustrate points and ensure that your feedback is meaningful for a student. Is this really not an option in Gradebook or have I just missed it? It seems a relatively essential option and one that is certainly possible in every other system that I have used...
In reply to Deneka MacDonald

Re: Gradebook assignment returns?

by Edwinna Lucyk -

You will need to choose "Advanced uploading of files" when you set up the assignment.  This type of assignment allows you to send back a response file to the student that has your comments marked.

I have found that it is necessary to save the student's file on my hard drive and then make my comments to that file.  It is that file that you will browse to and send back to the student as the "Respone file".  The place to specify a response file is only available in the grade window when the assignment is an "Advanced uploading of file" type.  There is no place to specify a response file when the assignment is a "Upload a single file" type of assignment. 

I hope this helps.
Edwinna