HTML issues

HTML issues

by Cynthia McKinley -
Number of replies: 5

I'm trying to set up a course using ninehub (free Moodle server).

When I use the html editor, I'm able to type text and alter bold, italic, etc. but I can NOT change font color, background color, or add images, icons, tables.  When I try to change colors, the color choice pop-up opens, but when I click, nothing happens.  When I try to upload an image, I am able to upload it onto the server from my computer, but when I click OK, I get either "Error on Page" or nothing happens.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cynthia McKinley

Re: HTML issues

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
WHat webbrowser are you using? I do find sometimes also ninehub is a bit slow and that if I go away and come back in an hour or so it works better. Also it works better with Firefox than Internet Explorer, although that shouldn't really make a difference.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cynthia McKinley -

I'm using I.E.  I've tried with 2 different computers and multpile times - I just can't add ANY images, tables or icons.

I can deal with the font formatting issue (I just format it in Word and paste it into Moodle), but I can't paste images... I thought it might be a popup issue, but it doesn't seem to be.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have you tried with Firefox? I just had a go on one of my ninehub sites in IE and got the same as you - couldn't put the uploaded image onto a page - but I went into FF and then got it on no problems.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cynthia McKinley -

I loaded Firefox and it works fine.  Thanks SO much for the advice!

(Now I have to figure out Firefox...)

by Mary Cooch -
you're welcome smile (Mind you; it still should work in IE but that must be a pecularity of ninehub...??)