Chemistry tutoring website

Chemistry tutoring website

by Elie Rosen -
Number of replies: 3

Hi I’m new here, I’m very comfortable using the cms Drupal, but I feel that Moodle may be a better option for me.

I’m trying to create a website that can tutor kids in chemistry.... the goal is to have an interactive whiteboard and video tutorials that students can purchase.

Is any of this possible with Moodle, can someone point me in the right direction... I just came across Moodle this afternoon and it’s very overwhelming.

Thanks,
Elie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elie Rosen

Re: Chemistry tutoring website

by Jeff Forssell -
There is a built in PayPal module for charging for courses.

Not sure what you want to do with a White Board. There is a Chem plugin called JMol I think that is very nice for interactive molecules.

I did a quick search for whiteboards and Moodle. There are whiteboards in a couple of video conference tools like DimDim.

http://www.solutiongrove.com/blogger/2008/04/15/whiteboard-module-for-moodle has one. Seems to be Flash based but it didn't work for me (on their demo site).
In reply to Elie Rosen

જઃ Chemistry tutoring website

by Dr. Amitkumar Mali -
Hi elie,
I am a research student, doing my Ph.D. in education.
I used moodle for my Web Based Instruction site. Most of the content of my site is chemistry. I recorded some video and with help of Web Designing tools like Dreamweaver and Flash, i managed to create webpages. (Basically i am a teacher not a programmer or webdesigner) then i uploaded the pages to my moodle site and create links to the uploaded pages. all the pages and video run well. Perhaps, moodle may have better alternatives to include videos but i didn't have much time to find out and learn it so i selected the best way i can do it.
I have no idea about whiteboard in moodle.
Hope this might help u.
Congatulation for selecting moodle. As moodle itself "free" I request u to put some valuable videos free for those chielderen who can not afford it.
Regards
Amit Mali
In reply to Dr. Amitkumar Mali

Re: જઃ Chemistry tutoring website

by Mark Guy -

Amitkumar, just realised I have several gcse hot potatoes for older age groups a few have short video files in them

if you can use them I will see what I can do to get them to you