Report card

Report card

by David Le Blanc -
Number of replies: 5
I work for an online public school in Burnaby, B.C. We are looking for a report card solution that integrates with and extracts data from the MOODLE gradebook. Our online program is setup for self-paced, continual enrollment rather than term based enrollments. I've discovered the Gradebook Report Tutorial and have decided to have a go at programming a customised report for our needs. Has anyone else worked on something similar and have suggestions?

On our nice to have list, would be a system that lists the students overall progress based on something like below:

Joe Student's current grade in History 12 is 68% C+, based upon:
      • 24/112 Assignments completed
      • 0/5 Quizzes completed,
      • 2/10 Projects completed, etc.
      • 35 forum posts
If others would like to collaborate on this for your own school, perhaps we can discuss it (support one another) here.thoughtful
In reply to David Le Blanc

Re: Report card

by Julia Hengstler -
You might want to touch base with someone at Francis Kelsey on Vancouver Island (BC) as they have their own system re. reporting out on ongoing course progress--might be able to build an XML bridge or something.
Julia
In reply to Julia Hengstler

by David Le Blanc -
Thank you for the tip, Julia. I'll see what I can find out. smile
In reply to David Le Blanc

by Allan Porras -
Hi. I need to create a custom report card, like 'Overview Report'.

Anybody can help me ??
In reply to Allan Porras

by Jim Bennett -

Have you gotten a solution yet?  I have created a report card tool for our Cyber School in the Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools.  I may be able to assist you if you still need it.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Rocky Wilson -

We have teachers who are now wanting to create 'Progress Reports' which would follow what your discussion revolves around here.  I would really appreciate any guidance to facilitate this.  Would there be someone whom I could contact to 'walk me through' the steps necessary to set this up?  Thanks!