Koen Roggemans == Translation Coordinator

Koen Roggemans == Translation Coordinator

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I would like to formally announce that Koen is now Moodle's Translation Coordinator! approve

The task of maintaining translations has a lot of fiddly bits, especially with everything changing, and it's been another of the jobs that I've not been doing that well lately because of all the other workload.

Koen's shown that he's more than capable and willing to be in charge of managing this side of things, so he's got the job! smile

For a long time he's already been the "eagle eye" watching the CVS mailing list for language issues. Now he'll be using this forum to alert translators about files or modules that need re-editing, adding new languages, coordinating other people and keeping us informed of other related issues. This will be especially important as we start thinking about the move to Unicode soonish.

The email address translation@moodle.org goes to him.

Thank you, Koen!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Koen Roggemans == Translation Coordinator

by Jan Dierckx -
$string['thankyou'] = 'Dank U, Koen';   wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Hans de Zwart -
Congratulations to Koen and to Moodle. I think he will be more than capable of doing the job. Not only is he meticulous, he is also very pro-active and will probably make things a lot easier for many translators.

by Jay Waltmunson -

Hi Martin and all,

I know that there has been repeated mention that Moodle will soon be making a move towards Unicode around some release of 2.x; however, can anyone give me a rough estimate of when this might occurr? By the end of the year? One and a half years?

The reason I ask is because there are several of us here at the University of Washington pushing to make Moodle the standard for online foreign language courses, yet forthcoming Unicode support is essential.

I'm new to PHP, but I found this interesting article with code on how to make PHP work with Unicode and Utf8 encoding. I'm in no way suggesting that this could easily be incorporated into Moodle, but perhaps there is some info here that would be helpful to others working on this issue:

http://www.randomchaos.com/document.php?source=php_and_unicode

Big Moodle Fan,

Jay Waltmunson

Language Learning Center

University of Washington, Seattle