navigation in a course ...

navigation in a course ...

by Pablo Cecere -
Number of replies: 1
is there a way to navigate inside a course, moving to the next and previous resource page? i dont find a way to enable this, but i see in MDL-584 Include Next/Previous buttons for activity navigation that this is supposed to be done!

CAn somebody help me?
THanks
Pablo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Cecere

Re: navigation in a course ...

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Pablo,
Interesting post. If you put the resource pages' content in a series of branch tables in lesson, or as a series of wiki pages, then you would solve that problem smile Can't think of a better forum to put your post, so I will charge ahead with some interface solutions .

First I suggest that you visit HTML linking in MoodleDocs.

I note there are lots of different types of resources. If they were Web pages, then I suppose you could put html links to the previous and next page you wanted the student to visit. I got it to work in demo.moodle.org. Created a web page resource 1, immediately viewed it, then copied the browser bar address. Next I created another web page, put in some content and at the bottom put "Go back", then pasted the address into the hyperlink (looked something like: demo.moodle.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=248). That worked.

As I recall, if the resources were in a meta course that your students were also enrolled in, you could send them to resources or what ever located there. Call this course a shared library of tools for many teachers/courses. The problem will be getting the students back to the 'sending' course. Similar problem could happen even if all the pages were in the same course. I was thinking if I used the link to file or webpage resource and set it to open a separate window, then I could send them to a series of webpages as I described. When they got to the end, the student would close the window. That solves the getting them back to the original course or a quick solution for exiting the series of webpage resources.

Generally speaking, just because something is in Tracker, does not mean it is "supposed to be done". Even if it is assigned to someone as it was back in 2003 smile It does mean that one or more people think it is a good idea if somebody would devote some energy to making it happen. Please add a comment or vote when you see something in Tracker that meets with your approval.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)