There sure are some great ideas and examples in this forum. In the interests of trying to put some structure around the ways Moodle can assist teachers, has anyone created or seen any sort of matrix that maps teaching strategy/task to Moodle features? While there are some great tips in the Moodle Teacher Documentation
, nothing seems to provide this focus of putting the teaching approach first.
I have done a slap-up job of trying to map a few assessment methods
to Moodle modules, but there could be much more comprehensive ones out there. Would especially be interested in any that had some of the following:
- Teaching strategy/task
- Moodle module/s (links to Moodle doc pages), including specific module settings (e.g. forum type, wiki group option etc.
- Level (primary school, secondary, tertiary)
- Mode (blended, classroom, fully online etc)
- Detail, including pros / cons for using different modules to achieve similar results
- Link/s to descriptions or samples in Moodle.org fora or elsewhere.
Perhaps there are similar tools out there that are generic, that we could adapt for the Moodle-centric among us. In fact would be great to include ideas that reference other solutions outside the Moodle tool set, but that's a big ask. Would be a great tool for teachers to dip into.