The company I work for was hired for a medium size moodle installation in cluster, the customer wants someone "moodle certified" take a look to our project and tell us if its going to perform correctly.
Project goals are:
1. Easy to expand
2. Fault tolerant
3. 100% open source
4. Enough computer power for 3000 users
My design includes:
* 3 web server runing Centos 5 64Bits with Apache 2.2 + Eaccelerator
* 2 NAS Server runing Openfiler with load balancing
* 2 DataBase Server running Postgresql with pgpool II
* 1 Load Balancer acting as web cache too in front web servers
* 1 Dedicated Box running pgpool II in front database servers
* 1 backup server
I can give more details (hardware specs, software, etc) upon request.
What I need is just a letter form a "moddle certified tech" stating that our cluster design reaches the project goals.
If you are interested please send my an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your quote
Thank in advance
DataOne Technologies Corp.
Are you sure you said 3000 users ? You mean concurrent users then...
Care with pgpool II. Not operable and write sync issues. Abandonned in our project. Look for related discussions in forum (there are, discussed with Penny Leach among others).
MySQL clusters have dimensional limitations and running constraints, usable but not for all tables if you need a sustainable and long uptime.
LB on NAS may not be usefull, depends on stress of file system on big file downloads.