Random content block

Random content block

by Borja Rubio Reyes -
Number of replies: 6
Hi all,

in the Center of Innovation for the Information Society (CICEI) at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain), a block named Random content has been developed. This block allows to show randomly the titles of the chapters of a book (book module).

Instructions of how to use it are in its download page in Modules and Plugins database. There are versions for Moodle 1.6 and Moodle 1.9.

We hope you enjoy it. Any idea will be well received. We'll try to answer here any questions related to this block.

Borja.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Borja Rubio Reyes

Re: Random content block

by Borja Rubio Reyes -
Hi all,

I have added a new entry in the database Modules and plugins for the block presented in this discussion. And I only can access this entry with my user. Nor with guest user nor with some friends users.

Anybody can tell me if this database has the option Require approval? activated. Or what person should I contact?.

Regards,

Borja.

by Borja Rubio Reyes -
It seems block is already approved and now its entry in the database is available.

by Joachim Vogelgesang -
German translation
In reply to Joachim Vogelgesang

by Borja Rubio Reyes -
Hi Joachim,

the translation has been added to the code of the block.

Regards.

by Isha Dave -

Hi,

I am trying to create "Daily Thoughts" using this block. In that the thoughts are created as book chapter title.  But I dont want the link to go to the Books chapter and I also want to hide the book. Could you pls help.

Regards.

In reply to Isha Dave

by Borja Rubio Reyes -

Hi Isha,

the visibility of the book is controlled by moodle, so participants must have capabilities to see books.

Regards.