by S Chasse -
Number of replies: 6

When I click on the Admin Network forms:

- Settings

- Peers

- SSO

- XML-RPC

I get no output. The screens are very large. When I get in debug mode, I get:

line 5301 of lib\moodlelib.php: call to debugging()
line 5704 of lib\weblib.php: call to get_string()
line 20 of admin\mnet\index.php: call to print_error()

Networking requires the OpenSSL extension

More information about this error

Stack trace:
line 5756 of lib\weblib.php: call to debugging()
line 20 of admin\mnet\index.php: call to print_error()

- Enrolments form works fine though but I get Network "Moodle Network is disabled." msg.

Is it normal?

Why for each form, I don't get a proper msg? Why is it empty? How can I setup networking if all these forms won't work?

Please answer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to S Chasse

Re: Admin Network forms dont work

by Nigel McNie -
That message is the clue - you need to have PHP's openssl extension installed for networking to function. You also need the curl and simpleXML extensions (although you might already have those installed).

If you're on shared hosting, you will need to put in a support ticket with your host to ask them about this. If you're hosting yourself and you're on a linux based machine, you need to install a package that probably has a name like 'php5-openssl' (or php4-openssl depending on what version of php you have of course).
In reply to Nigel McNie

by S Chasse -

Yes you are right.

The message "Networking requires the OpenSSL extension" is white on white though. It should be black on white. "Networking requires the OpenSSL extension" is not part of debug msg. It is a regular user message. This confused me. 

In reply to S Chasse

by Nigel McNie -
That sounds to me like a bug should be filed to make Moodle behave better when required extensions are missing. I filed one: MDL-17313. Could you please review it, and update it if you can too? In particular, what version of Moodle are you using and on what platform are you running it?
In reply to Nigel McNie

by S Chasse -

Moodle 1.9.3 Downloaded oct 28

Windows 2003

Apache 2.2.9

PHP 5.2.6

Free TDS using alternative to .net

As I said in the posting I used debug mode (developer level)...

Debug or not, it is white on white.

In reply to S Chasse

by S Chasse -

It is not white on white.

It is only because the page is extremelly large.

So large, you can't scroll to the centered message.

Not only it happens with 4 forms in Network but it happens in Reports/Course Overview. The message is "Sorry, there is no available data to display".

In reply to S Chasse

by S Chasse -
The message is "Sorry, there is no available data to display" also appears on a large form in Reports /Statistics.