how can I teach oral English using moodle?
I am assuming you are referring to online teaching. I would think you would want to embed some voice tools such as Audacity, Voice Threads, NanoGong, etc. to allow students to submit voice presentation. You can also use synchronous session using Elluminate or WizIq, for presentation like you would do in the classroom.
You could get the students to create a dialogue collaboratively using Moodle (probably either a forum or wiki would suit) then get the students to act out the dialogue.
- You can have links to websites which have orally read stories to go with the vocabulary that they are learning. That way they will have other models for the language they are learning.
- Posting either audio or video records of their acting out the dialog (that Ryan suggested) might be motivational to the students to practice so they can do a good job on the recording. These can be posted in the class for everyone to see.
- With the above, they might also record children's stories they read outloud that can be shared with elementary school age students (don't know what age group you are teaching). If the language is a foreign language, they could read the story in that language and translate.
- You can set up a place for students to post thier own files using either the Assignment with multiple files, a database or a glossary. Students use this to save some of their work from different parts of the class, making a portfolio to show their progress. These could be the audiofiles as well as others.
- Students can build a glossary of their new vocabulary. pictures or audio files can be included to help the entries make more sense.
With all the ideas and suggestions, you will have a good place to begin. Once you get going, you will find more and more ways to use Moodle.
Yes. Paula's reply is quite detail. I am using WiziQ since last one year and i have conducted over 50 hours session with my students, i found him best tool for such requirements. Although i have used it in my Economics class. But same (synchronous) tool can be effective for language teaching.