Moodle 1.9.3 w/NWIKI 2.0...no save in IE

Moodle 1.9.3 w/NWIKI 2.0...no save in IE

by Lauranne Bailey -
Number of replies: 11
We are running a test instance of: Moodle 1.9.3 (Build: 20081015) and the NWIKI (2.0) save function does not work when used on Internet Explorer 7.x on Windows. Works okay with Firefox in Windows and FIrefox in Mac OSX.

Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauranne Bailey

Re: Moodle 1.9.3 w/NWIKI 2.0...no save in IE

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
We are aware of this bug. We will release a fix in the next weeks. sorry for any inconvinience.
L.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Bill Schreiter -
Marc, I need some help with this... I have been promoting Moodle in my school district. All schools used nwiki last year to enter their ICT plans for the school year. No problems .. The 185 schools were asked last week to update their school plans in the Wiki. I have been using Firefox but they have to use IE and are reporting that they can not save their changes.... They can not switch to Firefox... IT will not let them.

Is there any way that I can change something to it make it work the way is did in the past? Can I upgrade Moodle? Nwiki? Something??

Please help me.

Bill

PS: I am using Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080827)

and Nwiki 2 (I think)

by Bill Schreiter -
Marc, a further update. I installed Moodle on a laptop using moodlewindowsinstaller - latest - 19.exe and then switched to Nwiki using nwiki2.0_Moodle19rev2008080401 and reproduced the problem after restoring my course for school ICT plans.

I then replaced the Nwiki code with nwiki2.0_Moodle18rev2008031201 and restarted Moodle. When I tried to reactive the nwiki by navigating to notifications I got the message

Version mismatch: wiki can't downgrade 2008080401 -> 2008031201 !

But it worked when I signed in as a student using IE and edited a page in the wiki. The save function worked on the page that I tested.

What do you think? I don't think I really needed to replace all of the components and this may have a lot of other consequences... but it looks like it might work on a temporary basis...

Please advise and thanks in advance for all your help.

Bill

by Steve Wright -
Is this fix out yet? All wiki work is on hold but I remian hopeful lest I have to re-write entire courses based on nWiki (or move to Sakai)

by Albert Crosby -

Any activity?

It's been a little over the "next week" or two from November.... 

Maybe all of the effort has been going into getting nWiki ready for Moodle 2.0?

I have several teachers who are looking for a Wiki solution, and I'd like something that I can keep in-house, local, and with user authentication....  Exactly what a Wiki in Moodle promises...

Thanks!

by Nathan Lind -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Moodle 1.9.2 (Build: 20080716)

We are also experiencing no saving in IE with Moodle 1.9.2 - No Saving in IE 7.  Clicking Save doesn't do anything.  A fix would be great!

Thanks,

Nathan

In reply to Nathan Lind

by Lauranne Bailey -
We are running Moodle 1.9.3 and this is the fix from our programmer:

The tags.lib.php wiki_tags_print_editbox() method closed off the editor's form above the Save, Preview, and Cancel buttons. This made the buttons invisible to IE. There is a form close below the buttons in any case, so this is a bug in nwiki. I also fixed another bug in the wiki_tags_save_tags() method to handle the case where an argument to the method is null.

If you drop in the tags.lib.php file attached above in mod/wiki/tags (replacing the one that's there) this should fix the problem with IE. Note that I'm using the latest NWiki from the developer and installed it per his instructions (that is, after removing the existing wiki in 1.9).
In reply to Lauranne Bailey

by Steve Wright -
Still waiting...?

Have 3 weeks and then we'll have to trash the course based on Nwiki and re-write completely if a working version isn't about to come out...
In reply to Steve Wright

by Bill Schreiter -
I got a little desperate back in November and simply copied the previous version of nwiki into Moodle's wiki folders and everything seemed to go back to working with IE.

Bill
In reply to Bill Schreiter

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
I just released a new version. sorry for the delays but funded projects got in the nwiki 1.9 way. See the post I wrote two hours ago.

by Doug Holton -
Does this only fix the IE issue.

I was curious if auto-linking worked now, and also if upgrading existing wiki pages worked rather than the old wiki pages disappearing.