Create course from a course creator user

Create course from a course creator user

by Alexandro Colorado -
Number of replies: 2
I just granted rights to a user as a course creator however he still can't seem to find the place to add a new course. I add courses from the Site Administrator menu. But users didn't have administrators rights, just course creator. So when he login he doesn't know where to add a new course.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexandro Colorado

Re: Create course from a course creator user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
He can only add new courses within a category that you have already set up.He'd need to go to that category and then choose add a new course.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Create course from a course creator user

by Alexandro Colorado -
Where do I set up category, I got two screens, one that list the courses and another that edit courses. None of them mentioned categories.

Are the categories mentioned on the User Role?

I'll do a search on the manual to see if I find anything but I would appreciate if you tell me here.

UPDATE: So I went to not edit the category but get into the category itself and Found the Assigned role. But now my question changes, what is the difference of granting a user permissions vs. granting a category permissions.

Initially I went to the user profile and granted course creator rights. What does this actually do for the user?

Will new categories inherit his course creator status, or it doesn't do anything at all?