translating troubles with calculated questions

translating troubles with calculated questions

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Can someone please write a helpfile for the new calculated questions or explain them? I'm having so much trouble translating the strings sad since I don't have a clue wath they do.verlegen
Average of ratings: -
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: translating troubles with calculated questions

by Henrik Kaipe -
A help file is now in the CVS
In reply to Henrik Kaipe

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Thanks Henrik, translated!
Can you find the time to work on the datasets helpfile as well?

by koen roggemans -
Martin added the dataset. Thanks!

Still in trouble.
Can anyone explain:
  • digits, from a loguniform distribution
  • a file from the same question private set of files as before
  • a file from the same category reusable set of files as before
I understand the words (except loguniform), but can't come up with a good sentence sad

by Henrik Kaipe -
Digits and loguniform is mathematical stuff. With digits I mean the number accuracy.
Examples:
  • 3.4 uses 2 digits
  • 3.42 uses 3 digits
  • 5612 uses 4 digits
  • 40 uses either 1 of 2 digits depending on how to consider the zero (accuracy or magnitude)
  • 5.00 uses 3 digits (decimal zeros are always used for accuracy)

A random number x is taken from a loguniform distribution in case log(x) is uniformly distributed. Loguniform can be spelled out as log-uniform where log is short for logarithmic.

----

Apart from literals, wildcards can also be substituted by files or links and in the file case the individual items will be taken from a "set of files" instead of a "set of literals". For now I have blocked the file-and-link support for wildcards in calculated questions but that can easily be changed and could sometimes prove useful.
There is no need to worry too much about it as it will not yet appear in any standard Moodle installations. When I get the time I will hack my site to demonstrate how file-wildcards can be used...

- I hope it helps -
In reply to Henrik Kaipe

by koen roggemans -
Yes, a lot! Thanks Henrik!

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

looking at the helpfiles for the calculated questions, I noted the folowing things :

• file datasetitems.php call categories.html wich seems rather out of context
  • file categorydatasetdefinitions.php call datasets.html wich is non existent.
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Both of these bugs are now fixed in Moodle 1.4