* which folder from their files directory should be displayed
* how deeply the folders should be crawled and made visible
* what the name of the block should be
Note: This block only displays files and folders from the course files area. It does not include course activities, other resources likes web links, and broader control panel or course topic/week type navigation. You should consider existing blocks like "YUI Course Menu" for that purpose.
This is a standard block installation. The only external dependencies are the YUI and JSON libraries which will already be installed with Moodle versions 1.8 or later.
See the add-ons page for more detail on installation, browser support, technical implementation details and the actual code itself. Comments, suggestions, feedback about usefulness or otherwise welcomed here in this forum thread.
This is really an optional transitional block for some of our teaching folks to use when coming from other environments where they were delivering resources more than activities. Possible tweaks/enhancements might include:
- minify the CSS and JS
- consider using CSS sprites for the icons
- work out how to get the block <link> and <script> into the header
- look at repository API integration in future?
- filtering file types in/out of the listings
- associating more than one folder with a block instance