Sending pictures with the e-mails

Sending pictures with the e-mails

by Hans de Zwart -
Number of replies: 0
I usually read all Moodle posting using my e-mail client (The Bat!). I was reading some posting by Martin in George Kao in this thread about editing forum posts after the 30 minute expiry time. I thought Martin was sounding very grumpy and did not understand why... so I decided to click on the links in the message and read the discussion online.
I found out that Martin had edited his own posts to fool George (and confuse me in the process) thus supporting his viewpoint on message editing. Good for him!

However it made me realise one more thing: My e-mail client does not show the pictures that are in a HTML message. The makers of the e-mail client clame that showing of images should be done by the users browser and not their e-mail client (security reasons), so they provide a HTML attachment. When I click on it (which I never do) I see the HTML in my browser.
I could not see Martin winking in his posts.

Images do get displayed when they come as an attachment to the e-mail. Would it be possible for Moodle to send all the images in a post as an attachment to the e-mail version of the post? Would this create too much bandwith? Maybe a filesize limit could be set? Maybe it could/should only be done for the user picture and the smilies? Maybe I am the only one with the problem ? (in which case it should not be solved).

If attaching the images is not possible, could we then find some way of making sure that all the smilies have an alt-tag? I sometimes see them (in the language that the author of the post has their interface in) but more often I do not see them at all.

Average of ratings: -