Question About Front Page

Question About Front Page

by Gerald Lendow -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I'm a newbie so this is undoubtable a newbie question. I've noticed that some sites frontpage has a left and right column and a center column, mine doesn't. How can I get a right column block?

Thanks, Gerald

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gerald Lendow

Re: Question About Front Page

by Andrew Sykes -

You need to right click in your main page and then choose margins or borders or something like that sorry I can''t be a little bit more specific also this is really more for moodle problem not general web design problems I don't know but maybe their is a better category for that question.

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Sykes

by Gerald Lendow -

Ok, where should I post this? And also that solution doesn't work for me there are no selection for margins or borders.

by Gerald Lendow -
Maybe I wasn't clear, the Front page of some sites have content blocks left and right and main content in the center. How do I get that look.

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Gerald,

In the current version of Moodle, the only block available on the right side of the front page is the summary block.  As of version 1.4, due out the end of this month, you will be able to add blocks to the front page, just like you can add them to a course now.  The sites you saw are probably using the developmental version 1.4, which can be downloaded for testing. 

Chardelle

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Gerald Lendow -

Oh, I see, Thank you for your reply. Is the summary block a standard block? I don't see it in the drop down list.

Gerald

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Sorry, to add to that block click on Configuration > Site Settings > then add something using the html editor for the Front Page Description--you can add text, or, using html you can add an image, a flash file, etc.