Moodle Developer Meeting - November 2008

Moodle Developer Meeting - November 2008

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 16
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi everyone!

Our last developer meeting in September was very interesting and informative, so let's meet again at 23:00 UTC (find your time using the fixed time world clock) in the last week of November. Would Monday or Tuesday suit most people? If not, please say so.

Please add items to the meeting agenda here: Developer meeting November 2008 smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting - November 2008

by Dan Poltawski -
Tuesday would suit me best smile Thanks helen!

Dan
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Martín Langhoff -
Not sure where I'll be end of Nov(*), but the time/date looks good smile

* - Probably either Wellington or Buenos Aires.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Hans de Zwart -
Both days would be fine... (did I actually add any useful information with this post? blush)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm with Hans - Monday and Tuesday are both fine. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jeff Forssell -
Since the time is right around midnight, UTC Monday 2300 will be Tuesday 0000 in Sweden and so forth. So we have to be careful about saying which day UTC 2300 we prefer.

I hadn't noticed in the letter that the day was open. When I clicked the World time link I could see that it was adjusted for date 24. I put that into the wiki page, before discovering that it might be the 25th (UTC) if that's what fits best. So maybe Helen should remove the date or add 24 or 25 till we know.

Luckily mixed I don't have anything in my calender at midnight dead on either day.
In reply to Jeff Forssell

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting - 23:00 UTC, 24 November 2008

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Jeff, thanks for pointing out that 23:00 UTC on 24 November is actually 25 September in many parts of the world.

It seems that 23:00 UTC on 24 November suits most people, so we'll go for this date. Please see the Moodle Developer Meeting calendar entry for conversion into your time zone.

If you've items you'd like included in the meeting agenda, please remember to add them here: Developer meeting November 2008
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting - 23:00 UTC, 24 November 2008

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
> Jeff, thanks for pointing out that 23:00 UTC on 24 November is actually 25 September in many parts of the world.

Really? Wow, those timezones are becoming more and more crazy over the time! LOL big grin

In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting in 10 hours time

by Helen Foster -
Just a quick reminder about our developer meeting in less than 10 hours from now! As usual we have an interesting meeting agenda.

We'll be using the Elluminate Moodle Developers Meeting Room again (thanks to Bryan Williams of Remote-Learner.net). Login using your actual name as login name and password moodle.

For anyone wanting meeting subtitles, I'll be writing meeting notes in our Jabber developer chat.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting in 10 hours time

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'll do my best.... I've got "man flu" so 23:00 is not looking like a great deal of fun at the moment sad
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mari Cruz García -
Hello Helen

Could it be possible slighly early for Europe?

Regards
In reply to Mari Cruz García

by Eric Merrill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think that we just rotate times more or less. I know the last meeting was around 0300 or so on the east coast of the US. While US and Europe could see it to be earlier in the day, people in asia and Perth would then start pushing into the wee hours of the morning. I don't know if there was a particular reason for 2300 exactly, but more or less they rotate the times so that not somebody isn't getting hosed at every meeting.
In reply to Eric Merrill

by Martín Langhoff -
Yeah - as Eric says everyone gets a 3am meeting at some point mixed
In reply to Helen Foster

by Martín Langhoff -
Ah, I've missed it mixed was just off the plane yesterday and fell asleep. Reading the wikipage now, looks like it was interesting!
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Penny Leach -
I managed to both attend and fall asleep - with my headphones on. Woke up at some point and heard Dan P talking in my ears and was extremely confused.
In reply to Penny Leach

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting - November 2008 - notes now available

by Helen Foster -
Hi,

For anyone who missed the Moodle developer meeting, or who fell asleep during it, the meeting notes plus a link to the recording of the meeting are now available: Developer meeting November 2008. Thanks to everyone who took part in the meeting. approve
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle Developer Meeting - November 2008 - notes now available

by Robert Brenstein -
Some time this year, I think in August, the links to Moodle docs stopped coming through as links in forum posts. That is instead of

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Developer_meeting_November_2008

I am getting

[ [ Developer meeting November 2008 ] ]

which is not as handy as the link if I want to see it (I added extra spaces so the filter does not convert this to link). My settings make Moodle send mail as plain text, so may be this works fine in HTML mode.

Is this a correctable issue? I suspect that the filter does not process the text mail.