"A required parameter missing"

"A required parameter missing"

by g k -
Number of replies: 3

I am not sure what this means.  Anyone else have this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to g k

Re: "A required parameter missing" --Help with debugging, please!

by Thomas Robb -
A number of people have experienced the error in the subject line when attempting to specify a hot potatoes .htm file when creating a new resource or updating an old one.

I cannot reproduce this error on my end. I have a feeling that it only occurs with a Moodle installation on a Windows server, which I don't have access to.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone experiencing this error could e-mail me the the source files of the browser pages that appear at these times:

1) When you click the edit button on an existing hotpot file, or when you select "hot potatoes" to create a new hotpot instance,

2) When you click on "Choose or upload a file..." from the above screen.

What I need to is the source code for these two pages. You will need to click on "View/Source" and then save the code that appears with any appropriate name and then send both of these files to me as an attachment.

This should allow me to see which parameter is 'missing'. Also, please tell me the version of Moodle you are using, and the type of machine, OS and browser version that you are accessing the page with.

Hopefully, with your input I should be able to track down the source of the error. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!!

My email address: trobb@cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp
In reply to Thomas Robb

Re: "A required parameter missing" --Help with debugging, please!

by Thomas Robb -
Thank you, Rimas Zilinskas and Jean-Pierre Pawlak. I now have spotted the problem. One place in the code calls the form 'theform' and another place simply 'form'. Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of changing the word since different modules that this module refers to seem to use one or the other name. I'll see what I can do about it.