Uploading and embedding "Interactive" PowerPoint presentations

Uploading and embedding "Interactive" PowerPoint presentations

by Brian Loughran -
Number of replies: 12

I have been able to upload my PPT (2007) as a Flash and as a link.  Neither is what I really need.  What I have not been able to do is upload my interactive PPT and maintain the integrity of my slides.  Furthermore, the interactivity aspect gets completely lost.  I am a newbie and was wondering if there is a way to achieve what I am attempting to do?  I have searched all over moodle.org and google links/docs, but have found only answers to static PPTs.

Cheers

Brian

რეიტინგების საშუალო: -
In reply to Brian Loughran

Re: Uploading and embedding "Interactive" PowerPoint presentations

by Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers სურათი Moodle HQ სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Testers სურათი Translators სურათი
Hi Brian. Try googling i-spring http://www.ispringsolutions.com/products/ispring_free.html It is a free powerpoint to flash converter that keeps the interactivity (and any sound/video) too - it is very useful for what you want to do in Moodle.

by phtar qing -

Yes, Ispring free is a good PowerPoint to Flash converter to retain the interactive. But the converted Flash presentation from Ispring cann't comply with SCORM/AICC, so it is not suitable to upload to your Learning Management System.

If you want to create Flash presentation from PowerPoint with interactive and also comply with SCORM/AICC, there are many choice for you. Such as Adobe Presenter, Articulate Presenter, Wondershare PPT2Flash Professional and so on.

adobe presenter $500

Articulate Presenter  $699

Wondershare PPT2Flash Professional  $199

All of these are perfect for you to create professional Flash presentation.

Best wishes.

In reply to phtar qing

by Brian Loughran -

phatr qing,

I want to make sure I understand you and you understand me.

I have already used Wondershare PPT2Flash Professional to convert my PPT to Flash and upload it as a SCORM/AICC.  It worked, because it created a Flash movie of all my slides.  However, it is not what I need (unless I am still doing something wrong and don't realize it). 

My PPT is set up to teach students online and when I say "interactive" I mean that students must make choices at certain slides to click on "possibility A" or "possibilty B".  Choosing A will direct a certain slide or graphic to appear in my PPT, while choosing B will direct a different slide or graphic to appear.  There is lots of this in my PPT.  There are textboxes for student responses etc....  So, are you saying there is a way to change my PPT to Flash, upload it as a SCORM to Moodle and still enable students to perform all these interactive tasks on the new Flash creation?

Help!

Brian

by Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers სურათი Moodle HQ სურათი Particularly helpful Moodlers სურათი Testers სურათი Translators სურათი
Brian: the Moodle lesson module does exactly what you want to do - have you not tried that?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Heather P -
Hi
I tried doing that and it would not have it, gave me a pink error bar. If you then go back into the lesson just added the option to import a PowerPoint has disappeared - any ideas where it went so I can try again without starting all over again every time it fails?
Thanks

by phtar qing -

Hello Brian Loughran,

I am sorry for my misunderstanding. If you has already use Wondershare PPT2Flash, you could find that there is a " Insert Quiz" option. That feature could help you create a interactive presentation. I think what you really want to do is making an interactive quiz in your presentation. Hope this is right.

Such as these samples:

Math symbols 

Fill in the blank

In fact, try to google quiz creator or quiz maker, you will find many about such tools.  Articulate QuizMaker is such a tool. At the same time, if you want to use quiz in Wondershare PPT2Flash, Wondershare QuizCreator maybe help. You could have a try.

Hope this really helps.

Best regards.

by ben reynolds -
Hi Brian,
I'm 99% certain you can't convert a highly interactive PPT to an interactive Flash. I've got a teacher who is very good at PPT, and we looked at just about every PPT > Flash converter. Found Wondershare to be the best, but we still had to reduce the number of actions per slide. We weren't even playing with branching.

I do think you'll find the lesson module's branching helpful.

by Jason Best -

Hi Brian,

I have been working on an interactive powerpoint as well. The problem uploading it too moodle was that when you click on the hyperlinks that are linked to moodle activities it would ask you to log in again even though you were already logged in. Therefore loosing the interactivity aspect.

I tried converting powerpoint to different files types including flash with no luck. The flash file had the side scroll bar allowing the user to scroll through the slides which i dont want them to be able to do.

However, i have come up with a fix that worked for me. It is mentioned on the document attached. You do all your work in powerpoint as before but then save the powerpoint file as a.mht file.

Hope this helps. Had to attach as zip file as original file was slightly bigger than max upload limit.

Regards

Jason

რეიტინგების საშუალო: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason Best

by dane gould -

Hi Jason

I haven't unzipped your ppt. I use slideshare.net for all my ppt presentations in Moodle. Just up load to slideshare, then get embed code and pit in whatever course, lesson, activity you like, You do lose interactivity but the user can view in full screen from your course or download it to the desktop. Slideshare has a new widget which allows you to put related ppts in a container and users scroll through which on they want to view (or one you've directed them to view). I am developing a lesson at the moment and on of the pages in the lesson contains 4 related ppts in one screen. Users can also email ppts to others.

Cheers - Dane

In reply to dane gould

by Jason Best -

Hi Dane,

That's not quite what im doing with my project but thanks anyway.
The main problem is that someone else posted a problem about  using word or powerpoint with links to moodle activites. Even though the powerpoint was already uploaded to moodle it would still ask you to login again once you click on one of the hyperlinks. I have solved this problem as mentioned in my previous post.

Regards

Jason

by Keisha McKenzie -

Brian I so get you... I too have a highly interactive PPT with Action buttons that link to different slides, an imbedded movie, a button that links to a word file and so on.

It just does not work when I zipped the folder and uploaded it. MY links broke!

I even tried creating a button that instead linked to the movie and it did not work!

The lessons business does not work... as that is not what I want to do so please do not suggest that, thank you...

Please I need an assist asap!!

Trả lời: Uploading and embedding "Interactive" PowerPoint presentations

by Hong Nguyen -
It's an old thread hope the answer still helpful. The tool you are looking for is at www.SlideGo.com. It will preserve your interactivity. As a added bonus, the result is HTML5, which will give more flexibility of editing content.