Embed shockware in course

Embed shockware in course

by Planetio a -
Number of replies: 6

I make a small interactive shockware movie and export it as html and .dcr.Both the html and the .dcr works fine.

but when i embeded it in the course ,the movie refuse to work.when i click on it ,it popup a message box complaining 'script error'.

what wrong,dose moodle support shockware as an embeded items or have some limitation on it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Planetio a

Re: Embed shockware in course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm not sure... can you send me, or post as an attachment, or send a link to your shockwave file and I will have a look on my system and see what happens.
In reply to Planetio a

by Michael Penney -
How are you embedding it? Are you linking to an html resource or pasting the code into the editor?

The best way to do this is probably to modify the mediaplugin filter to handle dcr, then its very easy to embed shockwave, just like flash, quicktime, etc.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Anne Nicolson -
I wanted to use a shockwave movie (made in flash) as part of a 'choice'. I linked it using the paper clip icon on the editor. It opened fine -but in a new window. Is there a realitively simple way of embeding it into the same page as the choice questions?
In reply to Anne Nicolson

by W Page -
Hi Anne!

Where is this "Paper Clip" icon on the editor??

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Anne Nicolson -
umm sorry I guess its not really a paper clip -  more like a chain link- next to the anchor in the HTML wsiwyg editor toolbarblush.smile
In reply to Anne Nicolson

by Michael Penney -
If you have the multimedia filter enabled, any file who's name ends in swf should show up embedded. If you don't, go to filters in admin and turn it on.

Martin has this set to a default size of 320x240, you can change this by going into filter.php in your mediaplugin directory (backup filter.php first).

I posted a hack over in the filters forum that lets you set different sizes in your filter.php.

To work with Director shockwave files (.dcr) you would have to add a new file type to the set in filter.php, and put the proper code in all those '$replace=' variables.